Today is one of those days when no matter how hard I try, everything seems to be annoying or upsetting.
Something you might have heard before? I suppose most of us will relate to such days on some level 😀
So what to do about them? Here are my suggestions on the steps to take on an especially grumpy day to help yourself get back on that silver pony:
- Just sit down and allow yourself to be angry/sad/upset. Just sit there and have a good cry or have a good shout off at the wall if the place is appropriate for it.
- Punch a pillow or two – great anger relief on a budget.
- Go to a remote location and shout or swear (purely for the purposes of releasing negative emotions) very loudly if you cannot do that at home.
- Have a very long walk, preferably somewhere with few people.
- Watch a funny show.
- Have a sulk-a-tron. A what? You know, one of those days when you just lay on the couch, watch lazy TV and sulk about everything, go all in and over the top into “poor me” mode just for today.
- Talk it out with someone. So what is really bothering you?
- Have an extra nap – you have earned it.
- Sing a little song or hum a tune – maybe even make up lyrics about what bothers you.
- Go for a long drive, maybe go to a place where you can drive a tat-bit faster than usual.
- Take good care of yourself – treat yourself to a nice cup of tea/coffee, have an extra biscuit/chocolate.
- Blog about your feelings..because we all do 😀
All will be well tomorrow! 😉
So what do you do when you get upset? Can you recommend something easy that most of us could do?